Assistance with Daily Life NDIS
Assistance with Daily Life NDIS is a support category under the Core Supports Budget of the NDIS. Under this category, our support workers can help you with your everyday needs, such as cooking, cleaning, and grocery shopping, and other help around the home like gardening and laundry.
What is Assistance with Daily Life?
Improved daily living assists you with daily living support and household activities in your home so that you can have someone help you with chores such as cleaning, washing dishes, vacuuming. If you’re needing help with essential household tasks that you’re unable to complete, our support workers can help you get on top of it so that you can live in a clean and safe home.
Home cleaning is a household task under the “Assistance with Daily Life” category within the NDIS Core supports budget.
If your daily support needs are high, you may be eligible for Supported Independent Living.
Why is Assistance with Daily Life important?
The SALT Foundation can assist with your daily living so that you can make the most of the space you have. Getting on top of your cleaning means that you can live in a safer and more pleasant environment where you can move around with ease and use all the necessary utilities. You can also learn daily living skills such as cleaning dishes or mopping floors that can make it easier for you to maintain a clean environment.
What are Some Examples of How Assistance with Daily Life Can Help You?
- We can help you set and meet your goals to be more independent and learn how to take care of cleaning tasks around the house
- You can begin to live in a cleaner environment where you can access the utilities you need with ease within your home
- Learn new skills and feel fulfilled by meeting your goals
- Understand how you can maintain your cleaner, safer space so that you can become more independent
What Does Assistance with Daily Life Look Like?
- The kitchen where you can get help with dishwashing, cleaning cabinets, microwaves, fridges, sinks and surfaces like bench tops, floor and walls, organising utensils and food, and preparing meals and doing grocery shopping
- The laundry if you need help with ironing or clothes washing, hanging or organising clothes
- The bathroom, to clean floors, tiles or glass surfaces, toilets, baths or showers
- The garden, if you need help to rake up leaves or mow the lawn
And in any other room that might need cleaning, dusting, organising, mopping and more.
How Can I Access this Support?
If you have Core Support funding for “Assistance with Daily Life,” then we can help you fulfil your needs under this support category.
If you don’t know if you have this funding in your plan, then speak to your Support Coordinator or call the NDIS on 1800 800 110.
If you’re not with the NDIS but you want to join and receive this support, see if you’re eligible on our How to Apply of NDIS page or call the NDIS on 1800 800 110.
Continue reading: How Do NDIS Supports Help to Build Independence? >>